HILT is building its portfolio of projects co-designed with our industry and research partners to meet our vision of a prosperous heavy industry at the forefront of the low-carbon transition.
In what makes a great end to our first full year of operation and following on from project ideation, development and review HILT has approved five new projects that will commence in early 2023. Projects have been approved from each of the three research programs, Process Technologies, Cross-cutting Technologies and Facilitating Transformation.
The approved projects include:
- Green pyrometallurgy /hydrometallurgy beneficiation pathways
- Feasibility combustion study to identify challenges and opportunities for hydrogen into iron and cement sectors
- Hydrogen Supply within Regional Hubs – H2 Cost and Synergistic Opportunities
- Intermediate product exports for Australia-China green steel
- Analysis of market, cost and locational factors for green iron and steel in Australia
Further details on each of these projects will be shared in 2023.